Home Forums MATHCamp 2018 Tessellations

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Mrs. Post 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mrs. Post
    Keymaster
    @Mrs. Post

In MATHCamp this year, I did a tessellations packet. We were playing around with it yesterday for school and I will post a picture later of what A. did on paper. But we were also playing around with tessellations on the computer. We took the tesselation pattern I made and turned it into a polecat – nearly a polecat anyway, it’s missing its front legs. I was really pleased with the pattern it made.

• This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Mrs. Post.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Mrs. Post.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Miss Lacy
    Keymaster
    @Miss Lacy

That cat is mesmerizing.

One of the difficulties I find is cutting out several rectangles/squares of the same size. If you don’t cut perfectly, it just doesn’t have the same effect and try getting kids to cut just right even with a template. smh, sooo

In my lazinessness, I just decided that we would use whole pieces of construction paper. The jumbo size tessellations were a big hit. check link for picture.

Someone might appreciate this fun tip.

Miss Lacy
    Keymaster
    @Miss Lacy

so off topic but I love how you don’t have to check the link. It just shows up automatically. I might have posted this sooner if I knew that. Here is to getting it together this month. lol

Mrs. Post
    Keymaster
    @Mrs. Post

I like the system too. On the tessellations, we tried to make several of the same kind and glue them onto another sheet of paper. We had the exact same problem. We created just one from a square and made it a pattern and traced around it onto another sheet. Much better!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.